This session is only available in French. This session is fully booked.
The Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal is pleased to partner with the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation for the 2023 edition of SéminArts, an educational program that offers an introduction to collecting contemporary art. Over five weeks, participants will have the opportunity to actively engage in conversations with various key contributors from the Montreal art scene including artists, curators and gallery owners. Each will offer an intimate look at what it means to be a collector today.
Why take part?
- Discover enigmatic private art collections.
- Meet artists whose artworks are part of several public and private collections.
- Take part in conversations with internationally recognised museum curators and gallerists.
- Gain insights on the unique relationship between artists and collectors.
- Participate in conversations that promote the building of new networks
Who is SéminArts for?
- Open to anyone curious to learn more about collecting and the world of contemporary art.
- Spaces limited. Book early to avoid disappointment.
- Coming soon: SéminArts in English this Spring 2022
Tuesday, January 31: Patel Brown Gallery. Meeting with the gallerist and two emerging collectors.
- Guests: Roxanne Arsenault, Director of Patel Brown Montreal and emerging collectors.
- Location: Patel Brown Gallery, 372 Sainte-Catherine Street West #412, Montreal, Qc, H3B 1A2.
Tuesday, February 7: Visit to a private art collector’s home.
- Location: Town of Mount Royal.
Tuesday, February 14: FOFA Gallery. Visit of USE (2023) FOFA’s Annual Undergraduate Exhibition.
- Guests: Nicole Burisch, Director of the FOFA gallery and independent curator Geneviève Wallen.
- Location: FOFA Gallery, 1515 Sainte-Catherine Street West, EV 1-715, Montreal, QC H3G 2W1.
Tuesday, February 21: Corporate collection. Visit of the inaugural exhibition of the Giverny Foundation for contemporary art.
- Guest: Anne Roger, Manager of the Giverny Capital Collection.
- Location: Ateliers 3333 Crémazie East, room 706, Montreal, Qc. H1Z 2H8.
Tuesday, February 28: Visit of an artist’s studio.
- Guests: Artist Anthony Burnham, in conversation with curator François LeTourneux of the Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal.
- Location: Saint-Laurent Street, Montreal, Qc.
- Format: 5 sessions (in French) in person
- On Tuesdays January 31, February 7, 14, 21,28 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Sessions will take place in a different location each week, such as an artist’s studio, a gallery or an artist’s center, near downtown Montreal.
- Fee(s): $225, tax included, for the 5 sessions
15% off for MACarte holders
Learn about all the benefits of becoming a member of the museum and join a growing community of people interested in activities and educational programs like Séminarts.Become a member
For more Information about the program: [email protected]
This program is offered with the generous support of the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation.