SéminArts is an educational program consisting of five sessions offered in collaboration with the Claudine and Stephen Bronfman Family Foundation. It offers you a rare opportunity to meet various players in the art world.
5 evening sessions on Wednesdays October 3 and 17, November 7 and 21, and December 5, 2018
Primary market / secondary market
Date: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: Galerie Simon Blais
- Presentation of Galerie Simon Blais and the artists it represents
- Tour of Jean McEwen ̶ Poèmes barbares and Refus global ̶ 70th anniversary (1948-2018) shows
- Discussion about the difference between modern and contemporary artists, the primary and the secondary market
Contemporary artistic practices: painting today
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Location: Anthony Burnham’s studio
- Meeting with Anthony Burnham and studio visit
- Slide show presentation titled: Painting after Photoshop
- Q & A and discussion
Artistic mediums: Prints
Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Location: BAnQ Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie
- Presentation of the main techniques of printmaking through the Mémoire de papier show
- Study of original prints at the reading room
- Tour of the storerooms and information about the preservation of works on paper
Institutional Collection: MAC Collection
Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Location: Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal
- Presentation of the MAC collection and management of acquisitions with Marie-Eve Beaupré, curator of the collection
- Visit of the paintings vault with Anne-Marie Zeppetelli, collections and information resources manager and digital cultural plan manager
University Galleries: Leonard & Bina Ellen Gallery at Concordia University
Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2018, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: Leonard & Bina Ellen Gallery at Concordia University
- Leonard & Bina Ellen Gallery mandate and collection
- Tour of Vincent Meessen. Blues clair show with Michèle Thériault, director and curator
- Public Programs and Education with Robin Simpson