The Nocturne on February 20, 2015, invites visitors to enter the world of net art, with X+1⎯a concept project that will unfurl the universe and aesthetics of web culture in the space of the Rotonde. The evening will run all the way to 2 a.m.! A unique urban experience, in the heart of downtown and a hub of creativity. On the program: exhibitions, art workshops, multiple projections, DJs, atmospheric lighting and Nocturne cocktails.
- Visits to the exhibitions until 2 a.m.
- Art workshop
- Musée educators will be on hand in all the galleries to answer your questions.
- Bar service and light bites
- Sophie Calle: For the Last and First Time
- Simon Starling: Metamorphology
- The Forgotten Space: A Film Essay by Allan Sekula and Noël Burch
X+1 unfurls the universe and aesthetics of net art and web culture. For this Nocturne evening, the walls of the circular architectural space of the Rotonde will be enlivened and filled with a profusion of images. Networking and exchange activities, along with many different creations by local and international artists, will merge together before being retranscribed in a unique, immersive, visual experience.
The originators of the project⎯Erin Gee, Benoit Palop, Sabrina Ratté and Tristan Stevens⎯have invited artists from their personal networks who, in turn, have each invited another artist, a method of selection that emphasizes URL social activities and the open source, exponential nature of creation in the Internet age: hence the designator X+1.
As part of this event, Sabrina Ratté and Roger Tellier-Craig will put on an audiovisual performance at 8 p.m., which will be followed by a performance by hybrid characters created by Erin Gee.
- 5 to 8 p.m.: Myfrienderic (Listen on Soundcloud) / Facebook / Instagram
- 8:30 to 11 p.m.: Nick Wisdom (Listen on Soundcloud) / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
- 11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.: RYAN Playground (Listen on Soundcloud) / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
- 12:30 to 2 a.m.: Dave Luxe (Listen on Soundcloud) / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
To give visitors a full appreciation of the current exhibitions, four tours will be offered during the Nocturne. These user-friendly visits will facilitate exchanges of views and ideas on the exhibitions, and will be held at:
- 7:30 p.m.
- 8 p.m.
- 8:30 p.m.
- 9 p.m.
From 6 to 11 p.m., educators will also be on hand in the galleries to answer visitors’ questions.
Masks Up! Simon Starling’s captivating Project for a Masquerade (Hiroshima), 2010−2011, will prompt you to create some most unusual masks. The use of relief and colour will add special personality to your project.
Workshop participants will all be invited to photograph their creations and share them on social media, under the hashtag #NocturneMac. The workshop will be offered continuously from 6 p.m. to midnight.
Bar service, light bites and Nocturne cocktails will be available for purchase throughout the evening.
The restaurant Le Contemporain will be open and serving dinner from 6 to 8 p.m.
Le Contemporain will also sell light bites at its Atrium bar all evening.