From 5 p.m. to 2 a.m., the MAC is all yours!
The Nocturne on November 7 celebrates the Biennale de Montréal.
Scheduled: Exhibitions, DJs, performance by Jessica Moss, workshop, Nocturne ambience and cocktails.
- Visit to the exhibitions until 2 a.m.
- Art workshop Prophetic Angles
- Musée educators will be on hand in all the galleries to answer your questions.
- Bar service and light bites
- BNLMTL 2014, L’avenir (looking forward)
- During the evening, there will be a listening station in Gallery 1 featuring sonic landscapes created by Matthew Biederman and Marko Peljham . The listening station will operate all evening.
- Performance by Jessica Moss at 8 p.m. Duration: 30 minutes
Jessica Moss has been playing violin since she was a child. She broke with classical tradition as a teenager, and has been making her own way ever since. She moved to Montreal in 1994 and in the ensuing years has recorded, collaborated and performed with countless musicians and ensembles. Some notable amongst them include: Black Ox Orkestar (founding member), Vic Chesnutt, Patti Smith, Broken Social Scene, Carla Bozulch, Sam Shalabi, Radwan Moumneh, Filmmaker Jem Cohen (including creating and performing a live soundtrack for “We Have an Anchor” with members of Godspeed You Black Emperor/Silver Mt Zion), Guy Picciotto (Fugazi), Jim White (Dirty Three, Catpower) and T. Griffin. Most recently she has begun a collaboration with Kevin Doria (Growing,Total Life).
She joined Silver Mt Zion in 2000, and has been devoted to the band ever since. Currently she divides her time between writing, recording and touring with Mt Zion, creating lightboxes in her art studio, and parenting her 5 year old.
She was invited by the museum to create a site specific piece of music for the biennale. This will be her first ever solo performance.
BAR, LIGHT BITES, RESTAURANT, SIGNATURE COCKTAILS